Friday, December 16, 2011

Thanks to you...and you...and you...and you...

This blog is one week old today, and what a learning experience it has been.  With a fair amount of trial-and-error (and a small amount of swearing), I managed to learn my way around Blogger.  After it ate one of my posts, I learned to write with Word Pad so I could save my work and then transfer it over (again, with a small amount of swearing).  Mostly, though, it's been fun, and Master is enjoying it, and that's what really counts.

My one week-old tenure in the blog world has given me something else besides learning what RSS is (seriously did not know, sigh).  It's given me a new appreciation for the writers of the blogs where I so frequently lurk.  I appreciate your dedication to writing on a regular basis and your willingness to be so open and to share such intimate parts of your life, the good and the bad.  A tip of my hat to all of you, and my thanks. 

And yes, I used the "L" word up there--I am a big-time lurker.  There are blogs I have read for several years, and I have never come out of the dark and into the light world of commenters, not even on LOL day.  I can't explain why; often I don't feel as if I have anything useful to add to the conversation.  Plus, I commented on one of my favorite blogs one time,  my comment was taken the wrong way, feelings got hurt, and I felt terrible.
 
So, what is my point with all of this?  I guess to thank the bloggers that I read, to apologize for being such a professional lurker, and to state that I will attempt to comment more often (key word, attempt.  No promises.  Lurking can be a hard habit to break.).

No comments:

Post a Comment