Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What have I forgotten?

Master is out today, running errands and taking care of things He needs to take care of.  I am at home.  Before He left this morning, He pulled me close to Him and said, "What are you going to do today?"

Not an unusual question by any means, but the intensity of it left me a little rattled.  I told Him my plans, nothing exciting, a little cleaning, perhaps some writing.  My answer seemed to meet with His approval, but I was left feeling like I'd forgotten something.

As I spent the morning cleaning and doing some of my chores, I kept wondering what I could have forgotten, and I couldn't come up with anything.  I finished everything I wanted to get done, then I sat down at the computer.  Surely I had earned a little game-time, no?

No sooner did I sit down with my laptop then the phone rang.  He was calling to check in with me.  He told me how His errands were going, and He would have time to grab a bite to eat before His final appointment (this is good, because I was worried He wouldn't have time for lunch).  Then He asked, in His best Master voice, "So, what have you been doing?"

That little part of my brain that had been worrying before went into panic-mode; surely I must have forgotten something important to Him, otherwise He wouldn't be asking me this again.  While this part of my brain tried to remember, the other part calmly listed all the chores I'd done and told Him I had just sat down for some game-time on the computer.  Once again, He seemed OK with my answer.  He then told me when to expect Him back home, and that He loved me.

The point of this story?  I still can't think of anything I've forgotten, but I do feel very, very owned.

No comments:

Post a Comment